Friday, July 28, 2006

The garden is all about light - thought du jour

Variegated daylily flower
I think the garden and how we see it is all about light and how light works with shapes and colours. What looks good in one light will be a dog in others.

This daylily (my variegated) is an orange colour and in the morning light, I'd have a garden full. In the hot sun of the afternoon, I'll have to get back to you on it.

But I do like the transparency of the spider webs blowing off and whispering away to nothingness in the garden's first light.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is something magic about the last light of the day. Things seem to take on different colors, even tree trunks, combined with the twittering of the birds as they settle down for the night.
Yet, the sunrise is exciting. As it grows stronger moment by moment, the flowers are illuminated, the webs turned into diamonds, and birds try to out do one another in song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home