Monday, July 17, 2006

From a spring sowing

bachelor buttons
I got these flowers on my bachelor buttons (Centaurea montana) from a late January sowing this past year. Grew them in the cold sunroom and they were good stocky plants for a mid-May planting. They've just flowered and done as well as any other plant in this garden.

The only thing I have to make sure I do now is deadhead the darn things or they'll start taking over the garden next year. Great flowers, great colours but a bit of a weed. And I have enough existing weedy Campanula persificolia that I don't need to add to the problem myself.

That Campanula is on my hit-list this week.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Bachelors Buttons come up every year in a little side garden, and love them. I sowed them once, and they keep coming back. I dead head to keep them blooming. Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home