Saturday, August 26, 2006

Country Livin'

This is the blog of two of my best friends. Now, these folks live somewhere back of the great beyond. In fact, civilization stops about a mile up the road when the power grid and telephone lines end. (I kid you not about this)

This place is so far out - you can't get there from here.

But they live there anyway - escapees from the great city beyond the clean air. And they're super friends and super people.

Telling stories about living where they do.

There used to be more of us to hang out there but the other person was picked up by mosquitoes one spring and was never heard from again.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of mosquitos..............
Do you have any tips on getting rid of them or after being bitten getting the bite to stop itching so much. I have to wear long pants everywhere now cause I am embarrased about all the scars and I put makeup on the ones I have on my arms.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get mosquito dunks or bits at any garden supply . Put in birdbaths and dogs water , wont hurt them . Dump all standing water . To keep them off you , bounce sheets tied to your belt loop and shoe laces . No kidding , it works for my son . He swells up so bad from the bites . He lightly dampens the sheets and rubs on his arms, neck , ears and etc... Also plant citronella plants around your setting areas . I have them all over and do not get bitten .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home