Sunday, August 20, 2006

More light in the garden

perennial hibiscus
Light comes into our garden and gives us a pattern in the smallest ways. I confess I often find these moments of light when I'm looking at flowers through the camera lens. (I sometimes think I've spent way too many years writing about flowers instead of just living with them.)

But in any case, the light on this hibiscus was quite magical and the digital camera almost captured it.

It got the light - but it missed the magic.

So the main question is - how do we capture the magic in the light if not by camera?

3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You capture it with words...and you have done just that a couple of times over the past six months.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid you just have to be there, Doug. Anyway, I haven't achieved capturing the magic with my digital camera either...at least we get the light.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Doug, the mind captures the magic, the photo is to remind us of that magic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home