Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Don't Mess With This Gardener!

pruning geranium
Here's what happens when you finish blooming in my garden! You get whacked.

And indeed that's what I did the other day to this Geranium macrorrhizum. Whacked it right back because the silly damn thing had decided it was finished blooming.

So now - it will start regrowing and bloom again in September.

That pile of leaves to the left used to be on top of the plant - and now they're in the compost pile.

Don't mess with me when I've got a pair of pruning shears in my hand.

4 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger ~~ Melissa said...

yikes! Remind me not to finish blooming when I come by your garden! :-)

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should I show my 2 lazy ones your article before my attack?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger lisa said...

off with their heads!!

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that after a geranium has finished blooming that it is okay to prune it back with the hopes and possibilities that it will bloom a second time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home