Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Old Endings - New Beginnings


As you can see from the picture, there's not much left of the annual garden. Oh well, tis the season and all that.

I'm actually a little tired of the garden this year. It has been a project all year to start a new garden and my expectations have always exceded my grasp. It was ever thus but I'm not sure I'd ever like it any other way.

And like the seasonal creature I've become over my years in this frozen North, I'll now hunker down and let the cold winds blow over my garden and around my snug house. Inside of course, I'll do all the things that garden writers do over the winter.

I'll sort all the digital images from this past season - all several thousand of them (right! as if that's going to happen in the near future).

I'll plan next year's garden (already in progress).

I'll dream over a warm woodstove about spring blooms (already in progress).

I'll take cuttings of the old plants to populate the new garden (if I keep them alive over the winter I will)

I'll write a best-seller - right after I finish figuring out Linux works (I'm transferring operating systems as we speak)

I'll work on my house and install plant lighting - got the aquarium lit and some plants overwintering there but need more.

I'll work on my Spitfire and fix the seat, the heat gauge and the cooling system just because I want to.

I'll work on my boat and get those hatches cleaned up so I can investigate different aspects of water gardening next summer. (Hadn't thought of that excuse to go sailing before)

I'll set up my shop so I can do the above.

But mostly I'll write and dream. And that too has already started.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Please continue to keep us posted, with your ideas and the progress of the new plants that will be next years garden...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home