Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Organic Lawn Care Source

Safe Lawns is a coalition of companies apparently funded by Bradfield Organics that provide organic solutions for lawn care. Their new website is slick and informative and as much as I envy the money behind this operation - a good source for organic gardening and lawn care information.

The videos are professionally done by Paul Tukey (editor of People, Places, Plants) and the two I watched are accurate and well done.

Good for them.

Spread the word about the benefits of organic gardening and lawn care. We need tons more stuff just like this to get the word out and provide excellent info.

4 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug,

Do you have a Canadian source for the set-up shown in the compost tea video--motor, drawstring bag, etc.? I could really use this at our community garden.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Doug Green said...

Suzanne - unfortunately, I don't track sources. Waaay too much work for this gardener.:-)

I use the kis system for my compost tea and as it brews up 5 gallons at a time, it should do up to 50 acres if you want to dilute good tea to the maximum. Less if less dilution.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, they should lose the soundtrack. Nothing makes me click away faster from a site than canned music. Unless it's canned music with an advertising voice-over.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Doug Green said...

Janet - I have to agree with you. I detest sites that "spring" sound and video on me without letting me control it. But then again, you get a better response rate with the sound/video set to automatically run from the general public. Welcome to the minority report! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home