Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Three friends in the garden


The middle frog in this picture is a special friend of mine. That's Fergus with a few friends in his hot-tub. Now Fergus and I go back a very long way in life. In fact, Fergus is probably the oldest frog in the world as he and I grew up together.

Fergus isn't just any old Frog. Nope, Fergus is a talking frog. And how he learned to talk is a long story all by itself but one I told my kids when they were quite small. Fergus was quite the rascallion in his youth, getting us into more trouble than you can possibly imagine. From driving a car to stealing my electronic control sailboat and almost getting eaten by bass at the cottage, Fergus lived life like only a great adventurer could.

I told my kids some of these stories when they were smaller but didn't tell them the really interesting stuff because I didn't want them to get ideas.

Fergus is currently writing his memoirs though and he has promised me he'll be telling all the sordid details of my childhood unless I come up with a few more flies and increase the hot water in the hot-tub.

Ah, blackmail works.

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As beautiful as a storyteller as you are--er, as Fergus must be--I really hope that Fred does get those memoirs written for him someday. :)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger roybe said...

That is a unique shot, I've never seen three frogs together like that.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

You can leave comments now, hurray as a life long FroggyPhile i love the post and the photo.I hope to have a garden with a pond one day so that i can hear some frog stories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home