Monday, May 08, 2006

Cool tool


I have several new tools I'm playing with right now to test and trial them. I want to emphasize I don't get paid to write a report about new plants, tools or software and I usually only write about the ones I like. In this case, I think that Fiskars has a winner in the kill-dandelion class of tools. I've always used my grandfather's spud but this works just as well. I played around last weekend and within two dandelions had managed to figure out the best ways to line up the dandelion so the jaws would grip it. (it's kindof a sideways swing but you'll figure it out) The best way to stomp the shoe to drive the jaws into the ground (no brainer - just step on it with the ball of your foot) and how much pressure it took to whap a dandelion out of the ground (not much).

The Fiskars Uproot Weeder is made of space-age plastics so it won't break. The design is elegantly effective and easy to use. I didn't use any instruction sheet (mine didn't come with any that I remember) but if you can't figure out how to use this simple tool, you belong on the 19th floor in an apartment building.

Almost as good as my grandfather's spud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home