Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Lessons from Visiting Gardens

I have just returned from visiting gardens out in Vancouver and Victoria B.C. and while I am completely jet-lagged on my return, I think it is important to point out the single most important lesson I relearned on this garden tour.

It does not matter whether you spend a lot of money on design, or a lot of money on plants.

What matters is that you maintain your garden. Pick the weeds. Prune the shrubs. Deadhead the spent blossoms. All the boring stuff that you want to ignore.

Ignore the maintenance and the garden "look" suffers tremendously.

I have literally hundreds of garden shots that I will be posting and sharing but the main lesson in all of them is that weedless gardens win beauty awards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home